Indiana Minority Business Magazine is the state’s leading publication that focuses on business, lifestyle, and diversity. IMBM’s talented staff is committed to publishing a highly informative, yet entertaining publication that’s reflective of all minorities. It is most effective in reaching diverse populations and those interested in the importance of diversity. There is information for everyone from the small business owner, to the large corporation and even the young professional who’s just embarking on their professional career. IMBM also promotes networking to help enrich the way we do business and increase our channels to business.
IMBM was founded by Rickie Clark. The publication was acquired in May, 2007 by Indianapolis Recorder Newspaper. The first edition was published on June 28, 2007 for third quarter of that year. The current President and General Manager is Shannon Williams who also oversees the Indianapolis Recorder. William G Mays is majority owner of the Recorder and is Publisher of both publications.
IMBM is published quarterly and is heavily saturated in core communities and various mainstream distribution outlets.
- 1st Place – Best Layout and Design – Society of Professional Journalists
- 1st Place – Coverage of Minority Issues
- 1st Place Coverage of Children’s Issues
- 2nd Place – Investigative Reporting
- 2nd Place – Best Coverage of Children’s Issues
- 3rd Place – Best Layout/Design on Page 1
- 3rd Place – Best Arts/Entertainment Feature – NNPA
- 1st Place – Best Layout and Design
- 2nd Place – Best Column Writing
- 2nd Place – Best Church/Religious Page
- 3rd Place – Best Special Edition – Black History Month tabloid